- I saw a great little horror film today. If you enjoy a good "zombie" flick in the vien [pardon the pun] of "Night of the Living Dead" then you'll love this! "28 days later..." should be seen now not later!
- USAToday ran a picture of the advance poster for "The Return of the King," the next installment in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy. The poster can also be seen at theonering.net. Peter Jackson [director] said it was his favorite of the three... I know I'm looking forward to it!
- Chris Tucker is in line for another $20 million-plus payday to co-star in "Rush Hour 3." If he makes the movie it will be his third film since 1998 [with the other two being "Rush Hour" and "Rush Hour 2"]. It's good work if you can get it!
- MESA, Ariz. - City officials in Mesa have mistakenly installed two bus shelters where no buses run. Can't you just imagine some poor soul... "Uh... I'm sure it'll be a long any minute now."
- Singapore unveiled Friday plans for a $114 million, 558-foot Ferris wheel that would swing 114 feet above the current world record holder. "C'mon mom, don't worry about SARS, I just GOTTA ride that Ferris wheel." Yeah, that should bring in the tourists.
- HANOI (Reuters) - A Vietnamese man passed off a lump of iron as valuable black bronze found buyers -- but was paid $64,000 in counterfeit bills. Talk about poetic justice!
- PARIS (AFP) - Bean-lovers, rejoice: the embarrassing side-effect of your favourite food may soon become a distant memory. Big Beatty can go back to eating chilli on his omlettes!
- NEW YORK (AFP) - New York police rescued and then arrested a red-faced burglar after he managed to get himself stuck in the chimney of the restaurant he was trying to burgle. Another criminal mastermind brought to justice!
- BERLIN (Reuters) - A German thief has had to call the police to rescue him after becoming trapped during a bungled break-in. Still another criminal mastermind brought to justice!
- STOCKHOLM, Sweden - Vodka-flavored ice pops won't be available on store shelves in Sweden after regulators said Tuesday they were worried that young kids might eat them. Guess that means no crack flavored cupcakes either!
First It Was the Thin Mints Melee . . .
55 minutes ago