- Mel Gibson spent nearly $30 million of his own money to produce, co-write and direct "The Passion." Some say it is a classic, while others hate it. Before I form my opinion, I think I should at least see it.
- Noah Wyle will be taking a break this season from NBC's top-rated drama ER. Wyle is not leaving for good but will take a break this season to spend more time with his wife, and their nine-month-old son. I'll miss him but family has to come first!
- Eighty-four prisoners escaped from a maximum security prison in northeastern Brazil early on Saturday through a 50-yard tunnel they dug to the jungle outside, police said. Colonel Klink is said to be shocked!
- A burglar who took a nap after breaking into an elderly woman's house in Amsterdam was arrested after she found him asleep on her couch. He's hoping that he's assigned to the prison in the item above!
- A Japanese expedition equipped with infrared cameras will scour the Nepali Himalayas for six weeks starting Sunday in search of the legendary Yeti, or abominable snowman. I don't know who will be happier if they find proof... them or Jazz!
Monday, August 11, 2003
Sunday, August 10, 2003
- Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane is one of the best novels I've read this year. Publisher's Weekly said it best: Shutter Island "carries an ending so shocking yet so faithful to what has come before, that it will go down as one of the most aesthetically right resolutions ever written."
- Gregory Hines, the award-winning tap-dancing actor who starred on Broadway and film died yesterday at the age of 57. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends, and fans.
- German producers who backed Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines" said there could be another sequel even if he succeeds in becoming Governor of California. Does this sound like a good idea to anyone?
- After a six year absence, James Cameron has signed on to helm a film about the extreme sport of free diving. Does this sound like a good idea to anyone?
- Britney Spears is in talks to executive produce [but not host] her very own syndicated talk show. Does this sound like a good idea to anyone?
- Quote of the Day: "Anybody can win unless there happens to be a second entry." - George Adel