Sunday, June 01, 2003

Ridley, MTV Awards & More

  • John Ridley's Those Who Walk in Darkness is a departure. Usually Ridley's stories are noir tales of a man on a path to possible ruin. Not this one. The lead is female, the tale can best be described as a sci-fi/thriller... but it does have one thing in common with Ridley's other novels... it's excellent! I'll bet there's more to come with this character / storyline.
  • "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" won the Best Picture award at the 2003 MTV Movie Awards ceremony held yesterday. We're not even half way through the year and already MTV is handing out awards? I like the idea of a more "hip" awards show but can't we wait until the year is almost over?
  • I haven't checked out the tv guide yet, but I have a feeling I'll be waching "44 Minutes" on FX tonight. That whole situation has intrigued me since the day it happened. I'm surprised we haven't seen more robberies like it.
  • It's been quite a year for Jennifer Garner who picked up the Female Breakthrough Performance Award at the MTV Awards.
  • Doesn't Pink remind you of one of those girls in high school that weren't really your type but you found yourself watching whenever she was around?

No comments: