Friday, June 17, 2005

Kong is Still King


I'm really excited about Peter Jackson's King Kong remake. In fact, until Sin City II or Sly gets a movie rolling, Kong is the movie that I'm looking forward to seeing most.

Peter Jackson has a passion to create Kong. We all [well, most of us anyway], saw what Jackson could do with his Lord of the Rings trilogy. The mind boggles to think what he'll accomplish with Kong.

In most cases, I'd say stay away from remaking classic movies. Unless you can do it better, then what's the point? King Kong is a classic. I doubt that it'll be better than the original and yet, I can't wait to see the sequel.

The original King Kong inspired more than a generation of film makers from Ray Harryhausen to Peter Jackson. Sure, we'll be able to give our opinion of how we think Jackson's Kong stacks up against the original, but we won't know for years if the new Kong has the influence and impact of the first.

That won't really matter though, if we find ourselves lost for a couple of hours on Skull Island or running through the streets of New York as King Kong once again lives!

I have no doubt that Kong is going to be a winner. If you're not sure, then you might want to tune in to see the world premiere trailer. On Monday, June 27th from 8:59:30-9:02 PM ET all nine NBC networks [NBC, SCI FI, USA Network, Bravo, MSNBC, CNBC, Telemundo, Mun2 and Universal HD] will simultaneously run "an unprecedented motion picture preview."

Even though I'm already sold on the movie, I'll tune in for the trailer... and you can bet that I'll be there the weekend that Kong opens.


No comments: