Sunday, June 19, 2005

Heroes and My Fortune Cookie

Heroes Con is one of the best conventions that you'll find anywhere. It has just the right mix of professional artists, publishers, dealers, media celebrities and fans.

I love the show, because there's something for everyone. In fact, for the last four years we've scheduled our family vacation so that we can attend the show. This year will be no different.

Another great thing about the show is that I get to meet up with friends that I don't get to see as often as I'd like. Some of them are professionals and some are fans, but those lines blur when we're hanging out.

Of course, another benefit of attending the show is that I always get a few new pieces for my SZ Gallery. With literally dozens of artists showing up, the anticipation is half the fun. Well, let's hope it's just half the fun...

... Yesterday I had lunch with John Beatty and John Higashi. We went to a Chinese buffet and my fortune cookie said: "It is sometimes better to travel hopefully than to arrive."

Well, that surely didn't sound good. Still, despite the fortune cookie, I'm expecting to have a blast at the show. If you're in the area, swing by and join in the fun. And if you can't make it, don't worry, you can expect a full report when I return!

No comments: