Sunday, January 20, 2008

RIP: Suzanne Pleshette

Suzanne Pleshette, best known for her role as Bob Newhart's wife, Emily Hartley, on "The Bob Newhart Show" passed away yesterday at the age of 70 from respiratory failure.

The first time I remember seeing Suzanne Pleshette on screen was in Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds." She played Rod Taylor's ex-flame, Annie Taylor [who to me was more appealing than his new love interest, Tippi Hendren]. I know I saw her in other things [since she turned up in a lot of guest star roles], but my next memory is of her co-starring with James Garner in "Support Your Local Gunfighter." Not long after that came the classic role on Newhart.

Suzanne Pleshette was pretty, fun-loving and brought a sparkle to the roles she played. She will be missed. Our thoughts and prayers go out to her family, friends and fans.


No comments: