Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Sharing Personal Joy Buzzers

In Stephen King's August 10, 2007 column for Entertainment Weekly, he could be talking about why I enjoy daily blogging. King says:

"...the real purpose of these things we write about - to cause a sudden burst of happy emotion, a sudden rush to the head..."

King goes on to say that IT can be a movie, a song, or a book, but whatever IT is causes us to smile and become caught up in the moment. King said that it happened to him when he saw Steven Spielberg's "War of the Worlds" and it happens every time he hears Van Halen's "Jump" or gets ready to watch the latest episode of "The Shield."

I know exactly where King is coming from. I felt the same rush the first time I saw "Rocky." I can't help but smile whenever I hear "Grooveline." I still dig the original "Star Trek" and not much is better than Byrne and Austin's run on "X-Men,"or Moench and Gulacy on "Master of Kung Fu." Charlie Huston, Barry Eisler, and David Morrell are just three authors who can bring about "the rush."

We all have things that give us the rush. King calls them our "personal joy buzzers." The great thing about blogging is that we get to share our personal joy buzzers and re-experience "the rush."

And that's why I enjoy daily blogging.

4 comments:

Rafael Kayanan said...

Gulacy and Moench's MOKF is definitely right up there in terms of my "rush" series.

Craig Zablo said...

Yeah, they hit their stride on that one!

Rafael Kayanan said...

Which coincidentally sounds like the new Enter The Dragon remake by the Shield's Kurt Sutter. Everything old is new again.

Craig Zablo said...

Raf said: "Everything old is new again."

Craig says: That bodes well for me!