Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Blonde

I loved Duane Swierczynski’s The Wheelman which opened in the middle of a bank robbery gone wrong and was a fast paced, violent, at times humorous and always unpredictable story. So I couldn’t wait to read Swierczynski’s next novel The Blonde. I’m happy to say that I was hooked from the opening sentence [one of the best in recent memory]:

“I poisoned your drink.”

From there we are taken on a wild ride as Jack Eisley attempts to learn why he was poisoned by a beautiful blonde named Kelly White and why she is infected and on the run from a covert government agency’s hitman. The Blonde is fast paced, lean and will keep you on the edge of your seat as the pages fly by. Duane Swierczynski has another winner that left me excited to start on Secret Dead Men!
___
Update: Duane Swierczynski just posted up the paperback cover to The Blonde which will be available October 30th!

4 comments:

Christopher Mills said...

I really need to read these...

Craig Zablo said...

You really should!

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks Craig! So glad you dug it.

Craig Zablo said...

Duane, thanks for stopping by. I recently finished Secret Dead Men and will post a review in the near future. Can't wait to read your next one!