Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Winning By Losing


Anyone watching VH1's Celebrity Fit Club 4? I caught the first episode [after watching seasons 2 and 3] last night.

In case you haven't heard of it, Celebrity Fit Club follows eight B and C list "celebrities" as they try to loose weight by dieting, exercise and friendly competitions. No one gets voted off the show, the competitions aren't that dramatic [or competitive], and the prizes are usually things like weekends at a spa or exercise equipment. I usually tune out before the conclusion of each episode when they all get on a giant scale to see which team lost the most weight. The reason that I fade before the show does is that the giant scale weigh-in of all cast memebers is anti-climatic. We already know which team lost the most weight.

So... if the celebs aren't that famous, the competitions aren't all that competitive, the prizes aren't all that grand and the conclusion of each show is anti-climatic, you're probably wondering why I tune in.

I guess it's because I know how hard it can be for many [most] folks to loose weight. I find myself pulling for most of them to loose enough weight to reach their goals... and maybe win that weekend at the spa.

No comments: