Thursday, August 24, 2006

Vampires, Anyone?


I've been into vampires lately. Remember back here when I told you about the new Blade comic series that Howard Chaykin was going to draw? Well, you can read more about it here.

I'm currently reading Underland by Mick Farren. It's got modern day vampires, as well as modern day nazis, conspiracy theories, UFO's and more. I'm digging it and am only about 1/2 way through.

Before Underland I read Already Dead by Charlie Huston. Huston has quickly become one of my favorite writers. Already Dead also features a modern day vampire, uh vampyre. As much as I'm enjoying Underland, Already Dead is even better. It combines The Godfather, Raymond Chandler, Mickey Spillane and the end result is pure Charlie Huston. I highly recommend this one!

Okay... enough about me and vampires. I'd write more but I'm off to watch the latest episode of Blade.

No comments: