Saturday, April 22, 2006

Kirk, Spock Are Back, Baby!

The big entertainment news this week is that J.J. Abrams [the creative mastermind behind Lost, Alias, and Tom Cruise's lastest turn in Mission Impossible III ] will produce, direct and cowrite what looks to be a rebirth of the Star Trek franchise Abrams is planning for a big-screen 2008 release which will focus on the early adventures of James T. Kirk and Spock [sorry Bones, no mention of you].

I've got to admit that this news has caught my interest. I was a HUGE fan of Star Trek during it's initial run on tv. Then again, I was just seven years old. Still, Star Trek did capture my attention and I made a point to watch it each week. I was never a Trekie, but I did see and enjoy the Star Trek movies [well... except for the first one] that featured the original cast.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

No comments: