Friday, November 07, 2003

Tampa Con & More

I'm looking forward to this weekend. Big John Beatty and I will be motoring down to Tampa for Tim Gordon's Tampa Comic Book and Toy Convention. Big Beatty is a guest but before I get to that...

Saturday night Beatty and I are going to attend a little get together put on by Randy Martin. Randy is an avid art collector whose theme happens to be Edward Scissorshands. How cool is that? John Higashi will be there with his Star Wars theme [which includes are from just about anyone who is ANYONE. How many collections do you know that feature Drew Struzan originals [note the "s" as in many]? John Dell and other artists will be attending as well. It's going to be a lot of fun.

The next day is Tampa Con. John is a guest [which makes me a guest of a guest, I suppose]. Other real guests include MARTY NODELL [creator of the original GREEN LANTERN], ETHAN VAN SCIVER [X-Men], ALEX SAVIUK [Spider-Man], JIM FERN [Scion, Wolverine], AUSTIN JANOWSKY [Superman], DICK KULPA [artist and publisher of CRACKED], MARK and STEPHANIE HEIKE and others.

If you happen to be in the area, stop in and say, "Hi." I'll be the guy in the StalloneZone shirt angeling for more Stallone sketches!

No comments: