Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Playmakers Scores!

Have you checked out ESPN's new original series, Playmakers? If not, you should. So far two epsiodes have aired and they were both great!

Playmakers features an ensemble cast, with all of the characters played to perfection by mostly little known actors. The production values are first rate, but special mention should be given to the writing and direction. What could be a typical tv series about a football team is instead a compelling drama about the intertwining lives of characters who happen to play football for a living. But don't get me wrong, the professional football backdrop is almost a character itself. I'm actually surprised at how real it all looks, sounds, and feels.

Playmakers is on Tuesdays at 9PM on ESPN. I give it my highest recommendation.
Check it out... even if you don't like football, I'll bet you'll like Playmakers.

No comments: