Thursday, July 04, 2002

Join the TZ Marathon


When I was a kid one of my biggest pleasures was watching scary movies or tv shows. I still get a big kick out 'em in fact. What's even cooler is that my kids enjoy them just as much as I do.

I'm not talking about today's gory bloodfests, but instead the old Universal Monster movies, the American-International Films and the like. As far as tv shows, none is better at this genre than the original Twilight Zone!


The Sci-Fi channel is running a two day marathon of Twilight Zone episodes starting at 7AM today. If you plan to check out any, let me recommend two.

The first, pictured above, is "Terror at 20,000 Feet." A man who has just been released from a mental institution sees a creature on the wing of a plane trying to destroy the engine... only no one else sees it. Is he having a relapse?

The second, pictured to the right, is called "To Serve Man." Aliens arrive on Earth and all indications are they came in peace... but do they really?


These are just two of many excellent episodes.

The marathon runs for two days and you can view the schedule by clicking here.

Even if you can't watch them all [and who can?], maybe you can plan to tune in to see an old favorite or one you've never seen before. I know that I will...

And for just a little while I'll be a kid again, up on the couch hoping that someone else besides me and Bill Shatner sees the creature on the wing!

No comments: