Saturday, July 13, 2002

"Reign of Fire" Rocks

I went to "Reign of Fire" hoping for an action-packed roller-coaster ride. I wasn't counting on it, but I was hoping.

"Reign of Fire" boasted a screenplay by three people [Gregg Chabot, Kevin Peterka, Matt Greenberg], that I've never heard of, starred Christian Bale, and Matthew McConaughey [neither considered "A" list stars], and was directed by Rob Bowman [who didn't impress me with the "X-Files" movie]. The odds were that the film would be entertaining at best... the odds were wrong. This film rocks.

Bale did an excellent job in his role but McConaughey OWNED every scene he was in. The direction, production values, special effects were all top notch. I must admit that the ending did let me down a bit but not enough to stop me from adding this baby to my library when it is released on dvd.

"Reign of Fire" rates a B+.

No comments: