Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Jim Ivey Packs 2 Kinds of Heat

Yesterday John Beatty, his bride, Bella, and I drove over to Orlando to spend a little quality time with our ole buddy, Jim Ivey. The three hour marathon breakfast session included so many discussion tangents and laughs that it would be impossible to recount them all.

I will share one story though. Jim is 83 years old and he still gets up and goes on a daily early morning walk. On one of these trips as he was enjoying a hot cup of coffee and smoking one of his famous cigars a man jumped out at him from behind some bushes. Jim loudly announced: "Stay back! I'm armed!" and the man jumped back and went the other way. Knowing that Jim owns a handgun, I asked it he was carrying it. His reply, "No, but I was armed. I had a hot cup of coffee in one hand and a lit cigar in the other!"

And knowing Jim he'd have used them!

No comments: