Saturday, November 01, 2008

Vote Smart

I got up early today and headed down with the family to take part in early voting. Although it was the longest line I've ever stood in for anything, the time went by amazingly fast since we were regularly moving forward. I'm always surprised at the number of people on hand to pass out flyers and information about candidates and positions. If you haven't made up your mind by the time you're in line to vote, you probably should have done a bit more homework. Still, these last minute efforts must pay off since there are always folks on hand to make them. I ended up voting for three Democrats and two Republicans. I guess that fits my Independent profile.

I'm glad that I voted early. Now I can sit back and enjoy watching how the election plays out. Like John Beatty, I seldom post about politics or religion on the ZONE. There are enough political sites on the net and I'd rather spend my time at discussing movies, novels, tv, comics, and art. But before I close out this political post, let me encourage each of you who can vote in this election to do so. Vote for the candidates that you think will do the best job -- and don't be afraid to cross party lines. Do your research and then vote smart.

We now return to our regularly scheduled blogging.

No comments: