Monday, June 30, 2008

T.H.E. Cat

About a year and a half ago I posted that I'd love to find the opening to the sixties tv show "T.H.E. CAT." I hadn't seen the show since it originally aired in 1966-1967. I was 8 years old at the time and thought T.H.E. Cat was the man. Often things we find awesome as kids don't hold the same appeal when we become adults. I doubted that the opening could be as cool as I remembered it.

I was wrong. It's even cooler. Here, see for yourself. How can you not love an opening that describes the "hero" like this:

Along comes a man who saves lives at the risk of his own. Once a circus performer, an aerialist who refused the net. Once a cat burglar, a master among jewel thieves. And now, a professional bodyguard. Primitive, savage, in love with danger. The Cat.

Add in the jazz score by Lalo Schifrin, stunts, a hero with a past, great graphics, and filmed in color but not afraid to focus on black and white -- shadows and light. Here is another opening. I just wish that the season [it only lasted one] was available on dvd!

No comments: