Saturday, April 19, 2008

Greatest Fight Scenes Ever

Rotten Tomatoes has posted their picks for the 20 Greatest Fight Scenes Ever. They picked Rocky Balboa vs Apollo Creed as their #1 choice. Can't say that I disagree.

Although I think that they've left off some great fight scenes [Emperor of the North: Lee Marvin vs Ernest Borgnine; Hard Times: Charles Bronson vs Robert Tessier; etc], I'll play along. Using just their choices, here are my top ten:

10. From Russia with Love: Sean Connery vs. Robert Shaw
09. The Karate Kid: Daniel-san vs. Johnny
08. Road House: Patrick Swayze vs. Ben Gazzara's thugs
07. Charlie's Angels: The Angels vs. Crispin Glover
06. Raiders of the Lost Ark: Indiana Jones vs. the big, bald Nazi
05. They Live: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper vs. Keith David
04. The Matrix: Neo vs. Agent Smith
03. Game of Death: Bruce Lee vs. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
02. The Transporter: Jason Statham vs. everybody in the bus depot
01. Rocky: Rocky Balboa vs. Apollo Creed


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't say I'm surprised by the outcome either, Craig!

God, I love being a Rocky fan!!!

Rocky Maniac

Anonymous said...

:) Where is ROCKY VS DRAGO?

Oscar