Monday, November 19, 2007

Cloverfield Trailer & Questions

There's a new high definition trailer available HERE for JJ Abram's top secret monster movie, "Cloverfield." Now that we can see the trailer in high def [with the ability to go frame-by-frame] more questions than answers come to mind.

My two big questions are:

1] Why is the actor's face pixelated out? I've posted a screen shot above. We hear his voice, but are not allowed to see his face. Is he a surprise star? I have no clue.

2] Did you notice that one of the women in quarantine seems to blow up? I've posted a screen shot below. She is being moved by men in HAZMAT gear and appears to be a normal woman, but suddenly her body starts to expand. Perhaps the monster is able to infect humans and create others like it? PURE speculation on my part... but she does appear to be blowing up.

So watch the trailer and let me know your thoughts.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this film be Rambo's biggest competition in January.

I'm excited for it though...sure is a lot of mystery around it.

My one question is though why is the handheld cameras the actors in the movie using as good of quality as film cameras used in, um films?

slyclone

Anonymous said...

Looks interesting and exciting!

Andrew

Anonymous said...

Very, very VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rockymaniac

Anonymous said...

it looks awesome, maybe its a reboot of Godzilla!! :)

Does any one else think it sounds like a type of dairy spread though ??

Goldengloves

Anonymous said...

Im tired of all the mystery, I want to know what this movie is about.
Plus...do you think the entire film was shot using the "hand held" camera angles?...kinda like Blair Witch?

PS- Here is my theory on the blurred out face. I think the whole film is going to be shown as collected videotapes, and some random peoples faces are going to be blurred out, just like they are on the news.

Saynt Jaymz

Anonymous said...

Apparently the film isn't totaly shot form the handheld camera but you certainly would think it was by looking at the trailers.

mastes1

Anonymous said...

Looks like this film could be a huge hit...

Kevster