Monday, September 24, 2007

Zablo is Rejected!

Yesterday I wrote about the amazingly talented artist, Joe Bluhm, and his book Rejects. Here's what I said:

Joe is a caricaturist and occasionally he does a drawing that the customer doesn't want. Surprisingly these are often some of the best drawings of the day! Joe has put together a great book called Rejects. It features rejected caricatures and his comments about them. When Joe told Beatty about the book, Beatty said it was a great idea and that he'd pay to have me drawn in "reject mode." We all laughed. Higashi heard this and decided it really was a great idea. The next thing I knew Higashi had his camera out and aimed in my direction...

Well, as you can see from the photo above Higashi went through with it. LOL! You know, Joe is such a talented artist that I can honestly say it's the first time I've ever been happy to have been rejected!


3 comments:

Rafael Kayanan said...

Looks like a lot of cool sketches were done last weekend Craig! Would've liked to have met Leinil.

Unknown said...

Funny, you don't look rejected!

Craig Zablo said...

Raf -- Although there were mixed reactions about OrlandoCon, I can truly say that it was the best con for me getting sketches. Every one was a winnah!

Chad -- Thank you, sir!