Wednesday, September 05, 2007

UFC is FREE Saturday

The UFC is back this Saturday with more action. This time its FREE and on SPIKE starting at 9pm.

The main event pits Rampage Jackson against Dan Henderson in a title vs title match. Sounds like the WWE, doesn't it. Well, I can assure you it's not. Both men are 6'1" and about 205 pounds. Their records are fairly similar [Jackson is 27-6, while Henderson is 22-5]. I've never seen Henderson fight, but most claim he's the real deal. I was shocked that Jackson took out Chuck Liddell so easily, so it makes me hesitant to go against him. Still, Henderson is one tough wrestler... ok, I'm going with Henderson.

Matt Hamill brings his 5-0 record against Michael Bispings' perfect 14-0 streak. These two seemed destined to meet up when they were both contestants on The Ultimate Fighter 3, but Hamill's injury took him off the show before they could enter the octagon together. Now they'll determine who the best fighter is... and I'm going with Bispings' experience.

Micro Cro Cop comes off a devastating knockout loss to face Cheick Kongo. Cro Cop wins or his stock drops off the charts. That being the case, I'm taking Cro Cop.

Am I wrong?

No comments: