Monday, July 30, 2007

RIP: Tom Snyder

Tom Snyder, best known for his late night talk show, Tomorrow (which aired at 1am after The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson), died yesterday at the age of 71.

Younger ZONErs may not know of Tom Snyder, but I fondly remember staying up late to catch his show during the summer when I was in junior high and high school. At the time, Snyder seemed like no other talk show host on television. His sets were minimal, but his guests and topics more than made up for the lack of showbiz glitz. He was cool, but not hip. Most of all, Snyder seemed like a real guy, not a tv show host. I enjoyed the hours I spent watching his programs and the memories that remain.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends and fans.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

His classic interview with Kiss was my first time watching Tom Snyder. Sad to hear he's passed.