Wednesday, December 25, 2002

RIP - Ken Tobey

I really wasn't planning a Zablo Zone update on Christmas, but I just read that KEN TOBEY died on December 22 at the age of 85. Many of you might not recognize the name, but I'm sure you'd recognize his face. Mr. TOBEY appeared in 100 movies and made nearly as many tv show appearances.

He usually played a cop or soldier, as in his most famous role, that of Captain Patrick Hendry in the original "The Thing From Another World." You'll also find KEN TOBEY popping up in movies such as "Beast From 20,000 Fathoms," "Marlowe," "Billy Jack," "Airplane," "Big Top Pee Wee,"... well, you get the idea.

If you'd ask me to list my favorite actors, it 'd have been a while before I got around to listing his name. Reading that he'd passed on though, reminded me of just how many times he has entertained me. Check out his filmography and list of tv appearances and I'm sure that you'll feel the same way.

So that's why I decided to do an update... because what better gift can you get on Christmas, than one filled with fond memories?


No comments: