Friday, July 20, 2007

More Art from Heroes

Mike Wieringo is one of the nicest and most talented artists you could ever meet. Soft spoken and humble, but oh man, what an artist!

Mike
did this drawing of Rocky Balboa for his blog [which I read daily and suggest you do as well]. Mike knew about my Stallone art collection and told me it was mine for the asking when I commented about it.


Check out Mike's Blog when you have some time to spend. You'll be amazed and impressed with the amount that he's posted [but his insightful comments will also be part of what brings you back].
___

My buddy, Andy Smith whipped up this cool rendition of Rocky Balboa. Andy is mostly known for his penciling and inking work for DC and Cross Gen comics. But I like to tell people is that when it comes to dynamic drawing, Andy wrote the book. You see, he truly did. Really! You can check it out HERE! You can also check out Andy's site by clicking HERE. - Craig
___

Mike Wieringo's drawing of Jack Carter is one of my favorite pieces from this year's Heroes Con. I not only love the look and attitude of the piece, but I was able to watch Mike sketch it!

Mike
was selling his latest sketch book and if you bought a copy, Mike threw in a head sketch for free! Talk about a great deal.
I was worried that because Stallone isn't a character that Mike had drawn repeatedly, it might be more difficult and therefore he might decline my request. Boy, was I wrong. Mike proceeded to sketch it out in no time and like I said, he really captured the look and attitude of Sly as Jack Carter.

In my previous post, I suggested you check out Mike's Blog. I should have remembered to tell you about where you can buy Mike Wieringo original art. Now you have all the facts and links you need.

Enjoy!

No comments: