Friday, July 06, 2007

Jim Ivey Honored

That's my buddy, Jim Ivey, between me and my oldest son, Mike. The photo was taken at Jim's 81st birthday celebration.

I just learned today that Jim has gone up to Washington, DC where he [along with Hy Rosen and Jim Lange] were honored at the Association of American Editorial Cartoonists 50th-anniversary convention. Jim was quoted as saying, "I'm delighted the AAEC is still going." Jim also noted that the organization could also be called the AAPC [American Association of Political Cartoonists] and that he hopes those initials never mean the "American Association of the Politically Correct." Yeah, that's definitely something that Jim would say!

You can read the full article HERE and learn even a bit more HERE. Congrats to Jim! - Craig

No comments: