Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Art from Heroes Con

I finally got a chance to post up some of the art that I picked up at this year's Heroes Con. Let's take a look...

Sly Stallone by Rick Remender. I've been a fan of Rick's work for years. He's that rare talent that can write and draw and he does both very well. Check out his bio and you'll be amazed at all of the cool things that he's worked on. Check out his site and you'll become a fan [if you're not already]. Now if Rick could just find time to get around to The Last Days of American Crime!

Rambo by Megan Ruiz. Can you believe that Megan just turned 14 and she can already draw like that? Of course her dad is Alberto Ruiz so we know where she gets her talent. Not only can the young lady draw, but she is one of the nicest and most polite people you'll ever meet. It was a true pleasure to get a drawing from her.

Cosmo Carboni by Robin Mitchell. I discovered Robin through Alberto's site and Robin's blog. I dug his art enough to pick up his first art book and was thrilled to get an original sketch from him. Robin has a second art book out and you can get both HERE.

Rocky Balboa by Kyle Baker. Kyle Baker is an amazing talent with a wicked sense of humor, mad drawing skills, storytelling that just sucks you in... let's simplify life and call him a genius. Check out Kyle's site and you'll get a taste of what I'm talking about.

Rocky Balboa by Andrew Robinson. Andrew Robinson is an artist's artist. When he starts to draw or paint, other artists gather round. I met Andrew years ago through my good buddy John Beatty. It was obvious then how much talent Andrew possessed... and he just keeps getting better and better. Andrew will have an art book coming out soon. Save some coin, because it's a "must have" item. Until then, here's a link to his site to hold you over!

5 comments:

Urban Barbarian said...

Very cool, Craig! I gotta do one for you one of these days!

Unknown said...

Gotta love Kyle Baker! I'm a big fan of his Plastic Man series for DC, and also of his run on The Shadow for DC as well.

Craig Zablo said...

Dan, I've been thinking the same thing!

Chad, although I never read Baker's Plastic man, I did dig his work on The Shadow and I think his YOU ARE HERE graphic novel is one of the best... not to mention his two Kyle Baker Cartoonist books... Cowboy Wally...

Unknown said...

Don't forget the "Truth" mini for Marvel with the alternate view of the Captain America origin.

Anonymous said...

Great job, Craig!
I'm a big Baker fan also. He's help keep a light shining in the creative booth of our profession.