Thursday, March 01, 2007

Once More with Feeling

American Idol makes the ZONE yet again.

I'm really surprised to say that Antonella Barba has avoided the boot once again. I was pretty sure if the "racy picture" scandal didn't catch up with her tonight, her singing would. There's no doubt that she's a pretty girl, but I didn't think her perforamce was good enough to save her. And some folks say ya can't get by on looks.

If you watched American Idol tonight you know that Alaina Alexander, Leslie Hunt, AJ Tabaldo and Nicholas Pedro were voted off. I can't really argue with those choices [unless it would be to keep Leslie and say goodbye to Antonella]. I'm not ready to pick a winner yet, but I will say that I'll be surprised if it's not one of the ladies.

One final comment about tonight's show... I believe that Alaina was the first contestant in the show's history to be so emotional [after being told that she was leaving] that she wasn't able to immediately sing her last song. It was touching to see all of the girls come out to comfort her... and did you notice that Sundance was tearing up as well?

No comments: