Saturday, February 24, 2007

Another Youtube Gem


It never ceases to amaze me the things that can discover on Youtube.com. I've found everything from clips from old Sammy Terry shows to news about a fire that took out much of the downtown in my home town of Terre Haute back in the early 60's. I've found intros to tv shows that I haven't seen in 40 years and fan made trailers as good as what you'd see in theaters.

Today I found video of a wrestling match that took place in the early 70's pitting The Blackjacks [Mulligan and Lanza] and their manager "Pretty Boy" Bobby Heenan against Dick the Bruiser, his cousin The Crusher and midget wrestler "Little Bruiser." What makes this match so appealing to me is that in addition to it being over 30 years old, and featuring my favorite wrestlers of the time, I actually saw this match live!

Well, maybe I did. See, I did see these same guys wrestle each other in Indianapolis live, but they probably wrestled against each other around the country and the video may have been from one of those matches. Either way, it was still a hoot seeing it after all of these years.

I'll continue searching out Youtube for cool videos. I'd love to find intros to "T.H.E. Cat" [I can't imagine that it was good as I remember it being] and "Garrison's Guerillas." Hey, and if you find any cool videos, post the links here. I'd love to see what gems you've come across.

No comments: