Saturday, October 14, 2006

Sammy Terry Anyone?


One of the things that I love about YouTube.com is that you can find video of almost anything. I was surprised when I found a classic pro wrestling match between "Pretty Boy" Bobby Heenan [accompanied to the ring by Blackjacks Mulligan and Lanza] and "Cowboy" Bob Ellis.

I was even more surprised when I discovered video of Sammy Terry! I first told you about Sammy way back here. As host of "Nightmare Theater," Sammy was on the air from the early 60's through the 80's. Although this clip is from 1987 [near the end of Sammy's run] it will give you a taste of why I loved staying up until 11:30 on the weekend to catch Sammy hosting a horror movie double feature.

I'm really surprised that some network doesn't have a weekend horror movie double feature hosted by someone like Sammy. My guess is that if kids didn't tune in, there'd still be a good-size audience of folks like me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I grew up in Indiana an Sammy was the greatest, scariest and funnist host a kid could have back then.