Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Today We Die!

My buddy, John Beatty, and I have been taking trips together since we were teenagers. So about 30 years ago, before we headed off on a short trip to Orlando, one of us looked at the other and said, "I really feel like we're going to get in a wreck today." Of course we didn't, but that didn't stop the creepy feeling that that simple statement gave us.

It became a kind of joke with us. We'd be pulling out for a trip to Orlando, Tampa, Atlanta, or any destination and one of us would say to the other "I really feel like we're going to get in a wreck today." Over the years the statement even occasionally changed to "I really feel like we're going to be killed in a car wreck today." Of course whoever is driving then has to make sure that the prediction doesn't come true. So far I'm 100% and John is pretty close to that.

So in honor of a stupid statement that we continue to toss at each other [of course NEVER when my wife or kids are riding with us], I give you Today We Die!


2 comments:

John Beatty said...

LOLz....yep...we've even done stuff similar to that prank.

You know, 'DaZ'...one day we are going to die in a car wreck...

...heh...

OK...maybe NOT!

Craig Zablo said...

Let's hope not... at least not for another 50 or 60 years!