Monday, September 25, 2006

Scary Funny


When I was in college I worked at a Burger Chef. I was the "morning manager" and it was my job to go in at 5am and oversee breakfast preparations. I was the first one in and then two or three other employees would arrive as we got closer to opening.

One morning, Denise [who was going to school to be a hair stylist] and I decided to play a prank on Phil. We took one of her wig "heads" and placed it in the ice machine. We then put ketchup around the head. When Phil arrived it was still dark out. Before he could even get out of his car, I was calling for him to hurry up and come in. He hustled over and in and I quickly locked the door. I told him that a police officer had been by to warn us that a killer was loose in the area. [And as I told the story, Denise played it up by looking quite frightened and nodding her head]. I said that the cop had told me that at least three people had been murdered with an axe! He said that we should be especially careful and report anything out of the norm.

Phil thought that maybe we shouldn't open. I assured him that we were safe inside and that soon customers would arrive and it would be light out. I said as long as we stay inside everything will be fine. We all began prepping.

One of Phil's jobs was to stock the soda bins with ice. He did his other duties, but you can be sure that when he was ready to get ice, Denise and I had positioned ourselves where we could see him. Phil went over, opened the ice machine, saw the "bloody head," let out as scream and started to run backwards! LOL! Of course he realized that it was a mannequin almost as soon as the scream left his mouth... but by then it was too late. Denise and I were laughing so hard we couldn't stand. Even Phil started laughing... of course for the next few weeks we all were on guard for pranks.

So... if you think this kind of humor is funny, then click HERE. If not,well... sorry that I bored ya.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny running into you after 25 years or so. I remember many days playing guts with you and ol' Jim Ivey's crowd. I think we called you "Craphead" in those days, if memory serves.
What do you have to say about comic books?

Craig Zablo said...

Don Rex: Funny running into you after 25 years or so. I remember many days playing guts with you and ol' Jim Ivey's crowd. I think we called you "Craphead" in those days, if memory serves.
What do you have to say about comic books?

Craig: Don Rex! Long time, no see. LOL! The last time I saw you was on Entertainment Tonight and you were being interviewed at a KISS concert.

Yeah, it was great days at Jim Ivey's playing guts. Jim is still full of "prunes and macaroones!" Jim did call me "Craphead" but it was his term for whoever was winning. Usually when I was playing, it was me who was the "craphead." And while we're on the subject of cards... if memory serves [and it does], you still owe me $55 bucks. LOL! How about it? I'll even forgo the interest!

I exchanged e-mails with Topper Helmers about a month ago. I hadn't spoken to him in years.

As to comics, I still read some... Sin City [whenever it appears], Hellboy {same], Walking Dead, 100 Bullets, and the occasional indie. I got back into collecting art a couple of years ago... I collect sketches that for my Stallone theme. http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1949

So what are you up to?

John Beatty said...

Don is still doing "interviews" at KISS concerts...when they have them!


-JB