Friday, September 08, 2006

It Was Forty Years Ago Today


It was forty years ago today. September 8, 1966. I was seven years old. Star Trek premiered with "The Man Trap" episode.

Although I was never a "Trekkie" [or even a "Trekker"], I did love me some Star Trek. My favorite character was Spock and I convinced my mom to let me have my hair cut in the same style as his [although she did draw the line when I told her I wanted to have my ears made pointed].

Tonight at 8pm, in honor of Star Trek's 40th, TV Land is airing four episodes from the original series [including "The Man Trap"]. I just hope that it doesn't bring on a strong desire for me to go back to Spock's haircut.

2 comments:

The James said...

The origninal Trek will always rule over any current incarnation. Kirk, Spock, Bones, Scotty...in a cardboard box with blinking lights. Power of their acting (good and bad) made that show, man...nobody can match that today.

Craig Zablo said...

Today only Lenny and Patch have the same Kirk / Spock vibe going on.