Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Atomic Pulp and Other Meltdowns


Tonight I want to tell you about a blog run by Chris Mills. It's called "Atomic Pulp and Other Meltdowns" and it's definitely worth bookmarking. Chris writes about pop culture as well as occasional glimpses into his life as a struggling writer.

The fact that Chris is "struggling" speaks volumes about how hard it is to make it as a writer. You see, in 2004, Chris wrote a universally well-received one shot, Gravedigger: The Scavengers [which remains my favorite single issue comic of the last 2 years].

Chris was also the editorial director on Mickey Spillane's Mike Danger [where he worked with Spillane and Max Allan Collins]
. Chris was also the editorial director on Neil Gaiman's Lady Justice. Chris wrote a year-long run on Leonard Nimoy's Primortals comic series.

Chris was also the creator and editor of Noir, an illustrated crime fiction magazine that featured art and stories from some of the biggest names in both the comic and mystery fields. I could continue to list Chris' credits, but you'd probably prefer me to shut up so you can check out his blog.

But one more thing before I close... if you ever get the opportunity to pick up a copy of Gravedigger: The Scavengers [with art by Rick Burchett], please do. I first wrote about the one shot here and then again here.

I love this comic
and would love to see more Gravedigger stories by Mills and Burchett. If after reading it, you feel the same way, please let your local comic dealer know... and it wouldn't hurt to drop Chris a line as well!

2 comments:

Christopher Mills said...

Thanks for the plug, Craig.

And I appreciate your continued enthusiasm for GRAVEDIGGER. Who knows? Maybe I'll be able to persuade Rick to draw the second one-shot I've got written in 2007.

Anything's possible.

Craig Zablo said...

Chris,

You just KNOW I'd love to see another Gravedigger story.

Thanks for stopping by, boss!