Sunday, March 12, 2006

So What Are You Watching?

In one of the best tv seasons in recent years, 24 continues to shine just a bit brighter than anything else.

Now, that's not to say that I'm not totally digging what's going on with The Shield. I am. Forrest Whitaker is a great addition to the cast. I love how he's tearing apart the strike team as he slowly falls apart himself. Vic Mackey is still the man. So much so that I find myself knowing that he should go down for his past deeds but hoping that he finds a way to save himself and his team.

Lost continues to entertain and intrigue. Michelle Rodriguez was a great addition to the cast, but from all I hear, her days are numbered. Mr. Echo is perhaps the best new character on ANY show this season. I was surprised at how much the last episode gave away... or seemed to.

The West Wing returns tonight with a new episode. There are only a handful left and then it'll be gone. Still, it's been a great run and I look forward to the rest of the journey.

American Idol surprises me that it can remain so popular despite being on three nights a week. Of course, my family watches every episode, so I shouldn't be too surprised. Usually by the time we're down to the final 12, I have a pretty good idea who will win. At this point I still think that any of maybe 4 different performers have a real chance.

And finally, 24. This is my favorite show this season. Jack Bauer continues to be the best "hero" on tv. The writing, direction and acting all continue to be top notch. What takes this season to the next level is that no one is safe. [Former] President Palmer gets assassinated in the first few minutes of the first episode. Tony Almeda's wife dies in an explosion. Edgar Stiles buys the farm last week. [And I have to tell you that I was REALLY thinking that Curtis was going to be blown to bits last week. I would have hated that since I think that it would be cool to see a season focus on him!] I can't wait to see what's going to happen next!

So what are you watching?

No comments: