Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Say Goodbye to Kevin

This is, without a doubt, the best season of American Idol yet. We're down to the final 12 and there are at least 4 who have a real shot of winning.

Unfortunately Kevin Covais isn't one of the four. He seems like a nice enough kid and all, but I'm actually surprised he's made it this far.

Let's look at the rest of the group:

Katharine McPhee had the best performance last night and she could go all the way.

Ace Young has the right look and can sing so he has a shot too.

Chris Daughtry can sing, is comfortable on stage and knows "who he is" -- I just wonder if a rocker can actually be the next American Idol.

Bucky Covington seems like a nice down to Earth guy, but I don't think he'll be around much longer.

Elliott Yamin can sing. I mean the man CAN SING. The question is does he have the "it" factor to get enough votes to win?

Kellie Pickler is the country cutie. She's got a great voice for country music. Cute as can be... but that may get old quick. "I feel like I got tarantulas on my eyes! They're not real though!" Arrrgh!

Lisa Tucker is the youngest in the finals and without a doubt, one of the best. She... could... go... all... the ... way!

Mandisa can sing and has a great personality... but I don't think that she'll win.

Melissa McGhee has her moments, but my guess is that she or Bucky will be the next to go.

Paris Bennett could take the crown. Her rendition, a few weeks ago, of "Midnight Train to Georgia" was the best performance that I've ever seen on American Idol. The only thing that could mess her up is that her "cuteness" may wear thin as the weeks drag on.

Taylor Hicks won't win. He'll go far but I just don't see him taking the crown. I love the guy's style and he's a fun performer but I don't see him beating out some of the others. I think I look forward to his performance more than any of the finalists, but he's still a longshot to take the crown.

So, am I on the right track?

No comments: