Monday, January 09, 2006

The Sleaze-Filled Saga

I like M&Ms. I like peanuts. I really like M&Ms with peanuts. I like peanut butter and I like chocolate... but I really like Reese's Cups. See a pattern?

Ok... now try this...

I like Quentin Tarantino movies and I like Robert Rodriguez's movies... but I really loved From Dusk Til Dawn.

Here's another...

I like movies and I like books about movies... so I really loved Rebel without a Crew by Robert Rodriguez.

So what does all this have to do with today's post?

Well... Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez are joining forces to create a movie called "Grind House." The cool thing is that "Grind House" will actually be divided into two separate movies [like a double feature that you could have seen at the drive-in, back when they had drive-ins]. Tarantino's will be called "Death Proof" and Rodriguez's "Planet Terror." They're even going to make some fake coming attractions trailers for the complete "drive-in" experience.

So how could this get any better, you ask [and I'm glad that you did]. Tarantino and Rodriguez are going to team to create a 250 page hardcover titled GRIND HOUSE:
THE SLEAZE-FILLED SAGA OF AN EXPLOITATION DOUBLE FEATURE
that will be filled with cast and crew interviews, hundreds of full-color photographs, never-before-seen conceptual art and an in-depth history of the grindhouse genre by the directors themselves.

So we've got the movie and the book... now if someone will just remember the candy!

No comments: