Sunday, January 01, 2006

Rafael Kayanan and Lord of the Rings

I first met Rafael Kayanan somewhere around thirty years ago. He was a young aspiring artist. But even then he had the talent and you just knew that this kid was going to make it.

And boy, did he make it!

Raf's had quite an interesting career so far. He's worked for most major comic publishers, served as a fight trainer on George Clooney's "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind;" did the storyboards, served as a trainer, technical advisor and fight choreographer on "The Hunted" starring Tommy Lee Jones and Benicio del Toro; worked on developmental art for the upcoming "Princess of Mars" movie... and so much more. You can see what I mean by clicking HERE.

I recently touched base with Raf and found out he'd just completed art on 250 Lord of the Rings collector cards which will be out in February. He sent me a scan and permission to share it -- so click HERE to see the larger version.

I don't know about you, but I think that someday this kid may go places.

No comments: