Sunday, November 06, 2005

The Art of Michael J. Zeck

It used to be that when an aritst had a sketchbook come out it was an event.

I can remember the excitement I felt when I received my first Art of Neal Adams or Art of John Byrne books. In those days, you had to be a really special artist to get an "Art of..." book.

These days it seems that every artist at every show has a sketchbook. Not that that's a bad thing... but it has made it rare that the release of a sketchbook becomes an "event."

If an artist's sketchbook gets much notice these days, it's because the artist:
1]
is really THAT talented or...
2] rarely attends conventions or...
3] has never before released a sketchbook.

Guess what? Mike Zeck fits the bill. He's just released The Art of Michael J. Zeck Volume I and it is a winner. It's 52 pages jam-packed with art spanning Mike's career. It showcases a cross section of art ranging from preliminary pencils to finished inks... from never-before-seen drawings to classic re-interpretations. You can read more about it here.

My guess is that some of you will want in on this event!

No comments: