Tuesday, October 11, 2005

It's Rated for Me, By George

Next week marks the release of the latest [and possibly last] zombie film by George Romero.

Land of the Dead lived up to my expectations as a fun zombie movie and I look forward to adding it to my dvd collection.

But of course things are never simple.

You see, Land of the Dead is being released in two versions... rated and unrated.

I was leaning toward the rated version since it was the film that I saw at the theater. Still... the idea of more bang for the buck was appealing. Then I read THIS INTERVIEW with George Romero where he comments on the unrated version:

I think it's only about five minutes longer. I don't remember exactly. But half of that is made up by a scene that I didn't think worked as well as it might have.

So my mind is now made up. It's the rated version for me. Why go for a few minutes more gore and a scene that Romero cut because it didn't work?

No comments: