Monday, October 24, 2005

I Love It, So I Don't Want It

For those of you who may have tuned in late, I love Frank Miller's Sin City stories. I thought the movie that he did with Robert Rodriguez was the BEST comic to film adaptation yet. The fact that Miller, Rodriguez and their perfectly chosen cast are returning for another Sin City movie excites me to no end.

So you'd probably think that talk of a weekly Sin City tv series would have me doing cartwheels.

Well, you'd be wrong.

Even though the discussion of a Sin City weekly tv series is just in the very first stages [and most tv show ideas never make it to the small screen]; my vote, unless Miller is going to be directly involved with a weekly series, is to pass. Even on HBO, FX or a channel that was willing to let Sin City be Sin City, a weekly series, by it's very nature would water down the concept.

Obviously, Sin City is Miller's baby and if he decides that Sin CIty can work as a weekly series, then I'll tune in. If the show works, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. And if the show stinks, at least we'll still have all those great comic stories and the Sin City movie to turn to when we need our Sin City fix.

No comments: