Saturday, August 06, 2005

Who Needs Five Different Sin City Covers?


I've been on quite the dvd kick of late, recommending Lost: Season One and Superman: Season One.

Now comes along one of my favorite movies of the year and my all-time favorite comic book movie and I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to by the initial release.

Sin City [aka The Barebones Edition] hits the street on August 16th. It's already been announced that next year a deluxe edition [with tons of extras] will be available. So, I'm thinking that I ought to just wait for it. It'll only be a few more months -- and it'll have everything that the August 16th release has and more.

Studios release various editions of dvds to maximize their profits and I can understand that. They're in business to make money. What irks me is when they do gimmicks like 5 different covers for the same edition. I guess some people will buy all five.

Me, I'm still trying to decide if I should buy just one.

No comments: