Monday, July 11, 2005

Transporter 2 Gearing Up

A few days ago I made the statement, "Sequels are rarely as good as the original." And yet I, like many of you, love to see sequels.

On the weekend of September 2, I'll probably be in a theater watching Transporter 2. The original was an unexpected toddy. The Transporter not only did better at theaters than was expected; it also was a hit with the dvd crowd. So much so, that a Transporter Special Edition dvd is in the works.

I thought The Transporter would be an enjoyable way to spend an hour and a half, but was surprised at just how much fun it turned out to be.

Much of that enjoyment was the result of Jason Statham in the lead role and the over the top action.

Well, I'm happy to say that both will be back in full force. Check out the trailer and then let me know your thoughts!

1 comment:

Bryan Tyler said...

The Transporter movies have always been about Jason Statham being paid to do something that initially was supposed to be simple, but then ends up being all messy. Then they get into the cars and all that action happens. You know, the typical chase scenes and all that?