Thursday, July 21, 2005

A Really Creepy Moment

Last night I watched "Hide and Seek," a psychological thriller starring Robert DeNiro and Dakota Fannning. The movie was pretty good, but that's not the point of this post...

In the movie DeNiro keeps waking up at 2:06 AM. The first time that this happens, he discovers his wife has committed suicide. As the movie progresses 2:06 AM becomes a significant plot point and the audience is left wondering [until the resolution] why DeNiro wakes up at 2:06 AM.

It was pretty creepy. Especially late in the movie, as Deniro searches for a killer in the house and suddenly Dakota holds up a child's clock set to 2:06 AM. Now THAT was very creepy, but it's still not the creepy moment I'm leading up to.

Overall the movie was a fun way to spend a couple of hours and I really enjoyed how the dvd set up the alternate endings [there were several]. Ah, but I digresss... so on to the REAL creepy moment...

Later that night I woke up feeling the need to go to the restroom. Now most nights, I sleep through until the morning. Occasionally I'm compelled to get up in the middle of the night for a trip to the john, so it's not totally unusual that this would happen. Last night when I woke to go, I looked to see what time it was... and you guessed it... the digital clock read 2:06 AM.

Now THAT was creepy!

"Hide and Seek" rates a B

No comments: