Thursday, June 09, 2005

Aliens... Monsters.... UFOs and a Very Big Universe


When I was a little kid, I used to love movies and tv shows about aliens coming to Earth.

If we were lucky, they were friendly and intelligent like Michael Rennie in The Day that the Earth Stood Still. He even looked human.

Then again, so did the aliens in the 60's tv show The Invaders. [I haven't seen an episode in years, and wonder how it would hold up.]

Sometimes the aliens were simply monsters out to wipe us out, like in the classic Invasion of the Body Snatchers or War of the Worlds. [And, yes, I'm really looking forward to the update by Spielberg and Cruise.]

Occasionally, there would be just one alien. And boy, were we lucky that there was only one if the alien ended up being like The Blob or The Thing.

Growing up, I not only liked movies and tv shows about aliens, but I also read and watched programs about UFOs.

I still do.

Think how cool it would be if we could find definitive proof of intelligent life in outer space. Uh... as long as they weren't out to wipe us out.

As I get older, I stil retain that sense of wonder about life in outer space. Most likely it's out there. It's just that the universe is such a huge place.

Don't believe me? Click HERE and see.

No comments: