Sunday, December 05, 2004

"Batman Begins" Teaser Disappoints

The "Batman Begins" teaser has been popping up everywhere. Click HERE and you can see a larger version of it.

I'm looking forward to the new Batman movie.

I think that Christian Bale [as Batman] and Christopher Nolan as the director are exciting choices. I even think that the poster is well done, with a nice design and colors.

I just don't think that it gives us the right "feel" for Batman.

First of all, why the heck is Batman hanging his head? "Batman Begins" is supposed to be Batman at the start of his career. He should be excited about going out to kick criminal butt... or at least to "strike fear into the heart's of evil-doers." Instead he gives off the vibe of that famous picture/statute of the Indian who's at the end of the "trail of tears." [And don't get me started about that image.]

Also, what's with the clouds and sky? Batman is an urban hero. He needs to be on a rooftop or in a gritty alleyway at night... not among the clouds and sunshine.

Still, I have high hopes that "Batman Begins" will be an excellent movie.


No comments: