Monday, September 13, 2004

To Be the Man... Unforgiven

WWE's pay-per-vue, Unforgiven, was held last night. My sons, nephew and I were able to watch it from the comfort of the local wing house, and we had a blast.

It's suprising that although everyone knows that wrestling matches are pre-determined the sport is as popular as ever.

Rick Flair, the guy in the pic to the left, is currently my favorite wrestler. Flair's 56 years old and still puts on a great show. The highlight for me is when he does his patented "front fall." If you've ever seen Flair wrestle, then you know what I'm talking about. The Flair "front fall" alone is worth the price of admission.

If you're a wrestling or Rick Flair fan, then you might want to check out his autobiography, To Be the Man. It, too, is worth the price of admission.

Randy Orton is the young guy next to Flair in the picture. The kid is a third generation wrestler [I used to watch his dad wrestle when I was a kid]. Although he lost his title tonight, he has a bright future.

I could give you a rundown of the matches, but if you're that interested, you'll probably watch RAW tonight and I don't want to spoil it for you. And wrestling isn't really about who wins or loses anymore... instead it's about how good the performance was.

And as I said, we had a blast.


No comments: