Sunday, September 12, 2004

It's Not Your Parents' "Little Red Riding Hood"

I like Kiefer Sutherland, Reese Witherspoon, Dan Hedaya, and Michael T. Weiss. So when I saw that they all starred in a movie called "Freeway" [along with Brooke Shields, Amanda Plummer and Brittany Murphy], I decided to give it a look.

And although I'm glad that I watched it, it's not a movie I can easily recommend. It was well done. I have no complaints with the acting, directing, or editing. In fact I would commend most of the actors for taking on roles which allowed them to stretch.

It's such a dark, dark comedy and at the same time a modern day take on "Little Red Riding Hood." Siskel and Ebert gave it two thumbs up, so maybe my recommendation isn't needed.

Let me just say, that if this is the sort of thing that you like, then you'll like it. And if you don't like it, hey, blame Siskel and Ebert!

"Freeway" rates a C

2 comments:

Dedra said...

i love this movie its a must see if you like camp and kiefer is great

Craig Zablo said...

Dedra - you must watch a lot of movies because not many people are aware of it. Thanks for posting!