Saturday, May 15, 2004

A Lot About Salem's Lot

Salem's Lot is one of my favorite Stephen King books.

It's probably second only to King's The Stand. Stephen King has written some of the scariest and without a doubt most popular horror fiction ever. The sad thing is, as good as his books have been, most of the movies made from them have been mediocre at best.

That's why I was pretty excited when TNT announced that there would be a new Salem's Lot mini-series. This would be the second time that Salem's Lot would be turned into a tv production. The first time was in the late 70's and starred David Soul and James Mason. And it was actually pretty good.

When the cast [Rob Lowe, Rutgar Hauer, Donald Sutherland and James Cromwell] for the re-make was announced things continues to look rosy. Then publicity stills began to be released and they looked pretty cool.

Things were all seeming to come together positively well... until I read Quint's review today.

But you know me... I'll still tune in and check it out for myself. Hopefully I'll like it better than Quint, but if not I can still go back and re-read the novel.

No comments: