Monday, January 19, 2004

Random Movie Thoughts 2004

Here are some random thoughts on Movies Coming Out This Year...

  • "Alien vs Predator" could be like when the two baddest guys in school fought... it wasn't pretty but ya just had to go watch.

  • "Catwoman" starring Halle Berry should have been a winner. The buzz on it is terrible and looking at her outfit you can see why.

  • "The Stepford Wives" doesn't do much for me, but then again neither did the original. Maybe it will surprise me but I'm not counting on it.

  • M. Knight Shyamalan's "The Village" is getting a mixed reception so far, but it's still early and Shyamalan's past track record is excellent. I hoping for really good things.

  • "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of..." -- I've yet to see the others, so this one is below my radar.

  • "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" is the movie I'm most anticipating at this point. [Well, except for "Shade"... and "The Chronicles of Riddick"]. This could be the surprise hit of the season.

  • "Collateral" teams Michael Mann and Tom Cruise. This should be excellent, but the story doesn't thrill me... or maybe it's the casting of Jamie Fox.

  • "I, Robot" has potential... Will Smith in a movie based on an Issac Assimov story directed by Alex ["Dark City" and "The Crow"] Proyas? Yeah, count me in.

  • "Kill Bill, Volume 2" is said to be more like the Tarantino of old. I'll be there hoping that's true.

  • "Troy" is hoping to live up to "Gladiator" [not to mention Homer's "The IIiad"] and Brad Pitt is leading the way. Ya just gotta support the gladiator revivial. ; )

  • "Ladykillers" teams the Cohen Brothers and Tom Hanks. This one looks strange. Well, what'd ya expect?

  • "The Chronicles of Riddick" is the movie I'm most anticipating at this point [Well, except for "Shade"... and "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow"]. Hmmm... where have you heard that before.

  • "The Incredibles" is from Brad ["The Iron Giant"] Bird and Pixar. You just know it's going to be fun.

  • "Starsky and Hutch" looks like fun, but I bet I'll wait for a rental.

  • "Spider-Man 2" looks to be the box office champ. The buzz is even better than the first.

  • "The Manchurian Candidate" is an updating of the cold war thriller and stars Denzel Washington and Meryl Strepp. When was the last time I was looking forward to a Meryl Streep movie?

  • "Shrek 2" - I guess I should see the first one first.

  • "Alexander" -[Ya just gotta support the gladiator revivial. ; ) ] and this one stars Colin Farrell and is directed by Oliver Stone!

  • "King Arthur" - remember what I said about gladiator movies? Well, this one isn't one!

  • "Dawn of the Dead" is a retelling of the George Romero classic. I'll be there, but still wonder why Romero isn't doing another...

  • "Hellboy" is the movie I'm most anticipating at this point [Well, except for "Shade"... and "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow".. and... aw... nevermind...]

  • "Van Helsing" will be out soon. It has sooo much potential.... but then again so did Halle Berry in "Catwoman."

No comments: